The Director of Gaming is a key leadership role for the Paddy Power Brand and is critical to our future growth and success. You will lead an exciting, fast-moving business that delivers great gaming experiences for our customers. You will be responsible for all aspects of the Gaming customer proposition, working with some great colleagues on leading the wider Paddy Power business and will play a key people leadership role across Flutter.
What you’ll do
Leadership for an exciting and growing £230m+ revenue gaming business and everything that goes with it
Delivery of commercial KPIs including, revenue, active customers, market share, contribution, and overall growth
Day to day operational execution of the customer proposition
Delivery of the full commercial offering including content, margin, and promotions across a range of Slots, Casino, Poker and Bingo product
Working with Product colleagues to develop and deliver roadmaps that create short and long-term value
Working with our marketing teams to deliver standout go to market campaigns
Management of key supplier relationships
Cross-sell strategy and execution
Optimising levels of investment across acquisition channels and retention
Coaching and developing a high-performance commercial team
Broader leadership responsibilities as a key member of the Paddy Power Leadership Team
Act as an ambassador for the Paddy Power brand internally and externally at all times
How you’ll do it
- High level of analytical and big picture thinking - able to take onboard lots of data and quickly glean meaningful, actionable insight
- Ability to communicate at all levels and adept at distilling complex problems and solutions into simple concepts
- A team player with a competitive edge – able to work constructively across functional teams and strives to compete externally to be the best in the market
- Pace – moves quickly and changes things
- Embraces change and demonstrates high resilience in the face of adversity
- Collaborative and able to lead teams broader than just their own
- Operates with honesty, integrity with customers at the centre of their work
- Brings some fun to work
- High intellectual capability and a passion for finding solutions to complex problems
Essential skills and experience
- Strong experience in working in a B2C commercial role
- Sector experience is a nice to have but not a must have
- Knowledge of operating in a regulated environment is a nice to have
- Experience in managing people and developing a culture of high performance
Work that makes play jealous
Paddy Power has been breaking and re-writing the rules since 1988, from on-track bookmakers to cheeky upstart mischief-makers, to part of the largest betting and gaming technology company in the world.
Although we’ve grown to the betting behemoth we are today, we’ve not forgotten our roots. We continue to offer great value and entertainment to our customers and keep them at the heart of what we do.
Our culture of hard work, boldness and an innovative spirit got us to where we are and we take our work seriously, but not ourselves! We win by having the best people working well together. Don’t pigeon-hole us either – our company is a mix of sports nuts, gaming innovators, tech geniuses, perceptive people-people, inspiring leaders… and a very busy legal team.
We’ve got a growing squad of specialists, and we make the work fun. Sound good? Maybe there’s a spot on the team for you!
Plus, PaddyPower is part of the Flutter UK & Ireland family – a collection of big-hitting entertainment brands such as Betfair, Sky Betting & Gaming and Tombola.
What we’ll offer you
- £1,000 learning fund
- Unlimited holiday
- Twice-yearly bonus (with part of it guaranteed!)
- Pension contribution scheme
- Private healthcare
- Flexible ways of working – home or office, it’s your choice!
- Access to thousands of Udemy courses
- Invest via the Company Sharesave Scheme
- 16 hours paid volunteering time per year
We’re working to be an inclusive employer, and we encourage people from all backgrounds, ways of thinking and working to apply. Everyone brings different perspectives and experiences; you don't have to meet all the requirements listed to apply for this role.
If you need any adjustments to make this role work for you let us know, and we’ll see how we can accommodate them.