We’re recruiting for an Internal Communications Manager that will support our Paddy Power and Betfair brands in communicating commercial news, colleague successes and driving engagement activities.
Reporting into the Head of Internal Communications for Flutter UK&I, you will have a primary focus on Paddy Power and Betfair (two of the brands in our exciting portfolio). This is a highly visible role that will also give you the opportunity to support colleague communications across the whole division.
You’ll own and lead the internal communication strategies for your main audiences, feeding the brand into the bigger picture across Flutter UK&I.
What you’ll do
- Own the delivery of the internal communication strategies for two separate commercial businesses, making sure you engage, advise and update colleagues on business, people, and product updates.
- Partner with the Chief Commercial Officers of Paddy Power and Betfair to communicate their business strategies – leading sophisticated communication plans with multiple senior partners.
- Build a consistent story that explains who the brands are and how they operate.
- Responsible for all relevant colleague communication channels and messages, ensuring all content is engaging and up to date.
- Build and implement a communications plan that has a blended multi-channel approach, including digital communications, in-person, online and hybrid events.
- Run and manage any internal events and culture activities for your main audience groups, working with teams in our locations to bring your event vision to life.
- Align with the wider Internal Communications team to build a cohesive communication plan across the Flutter UK&I division, which allows space for brand and divisional messages to land seamlessly.
- Provide day-to-day support including communication coaching, advice and guidance to the senior management teams within the two commercial brands.
- Collaborate with our in-house creative team to build internal communication materials, including visual and video collateral.
- React quickly with the right stakeholders to handle the internal communication response to crisis situations which affect organisation perception and reputation.
- Build excellent relationships with stakeholders across business functions and geographic locations.
How you’ll do it
- Experience working in internal communication in a sophisticated organisation, with a sound knowledge of communication best practice or can demonstrate the crucial skills required.
- Significant experience in the support and delivery of bringing commercial strategies to life for colleagues.
- Ability to balance multiple stakeholders with conflicting priorities.
- Proven track record in the delivery of high-impact internal and change communication plans.
- Excellent written and presentation communication skills.
- Experience in planning and delivering engaging hybrid events, from logistics and content creation to on-the-day management of the event.
- Sound eye for business, good organisational awareness and strategic approach to problem solving.
- Ability to work on your own to drive business outcomes.
- Good interpersonal skills and the credibility to advise senior managers and directors. Ability to build constructive and collaborative working relationships.
Work that makes play jealous
Paddy Power has been breaking and re-writing the rules since 1988, from on-track bookmakers to cheeky upstart mischief-makers, to part of the largest betting and gaming technology company in the world.
Although we’ve grown to the betting behemoth we are today, we’ve not forgotten our roots. We continue to offer phenomenal value and entertainment to our customers and keep them at the heart of what we do.
Our culture of hard work, boldness and an innovative spirit got us to where we are, and we take our work seriously, but not ourselves! We win by having the best people working well together. Don’t pigeon-hole us either – our company is a mix of sports nuts, gaming innovators, tech geniuses, perceptive people-people, inspiring leaders… and a very lively legal team.
We’ve got a growing squad of specialists, and we make the work fun. Sound good? Maybe there’s a spot on the team for you!
Plus, PaddyPower is part of the Flutter UK & Ireland family – a collection of big-hitting entertainment brands such as Betfair, Sky Betting & Gaming and Tombola.
What we’ll offer you
- £1,000 learning fund
- Unlimited holiday
- Twice-yearly bonus (with part of it guaranteed!)
- Pension contribution scheme
- Private healthcare
- Flexible ways of working – home or office, it’s your choice!
- Access to thousands of Udemy courses
- Invest via the Company Sharesave Scheme
- 16 hours paid volunteering time per year
We’re working to be an inclusive employer, and we encourage people from all backgrounds, ways of thinking and working to apply. Everyone brings different perspectives and experiences; you don't have to meet all the requirements listed to apply for this role.
If you need any adjustments to make this role work for you let us know, and we’ll see how we can accommodate them.