Where you’ll play
In a multi-faceted and fast paced, agile environment.
You'll be involved in the full product lifecycle including the design, delivery, and operations of a product that is Complex, High Volume, and Always On bringing many obstacles on the way.
How you’ll play it
• Java to power our applications with the Spring Framework, and Kafka for our messaging
• Oracle DB and MySQL DB to store our data
• Linux as the main platform of choice on our AWS public and I2 private cloud
• KDB+ for our real time data analytics, Boxever for the choice of our group-wide personalisation capability
• Jenkins and Maven to create deployments, with Go to link Continuous Delivery
• Ansible to automate app deployment augmented by Python / Bash for scripts
• Splunk and Sensu for monitoring and alerting
What you’ll bring
• You will design and develop highly available, resilient, and distributed backend services in Java in an agile environment
• You will measure the performance and availability of our tech stack – using this data to track inefficiencies and improve our software continuously
• You'll have knowledge our customers' behaviours and use cases to offer them the best possible experience through the software you deliver
• Evangelise code quality and good practices, continuous delivery, and automation
• Collaborate closely with other developers and mentor those who are more junior than you
• You will take power of your personal growth within a supportive environment
Imagine a job that doesn’t feel like work at all
At Betfair, we’re here to play. To explore. To innovate. To challenge. And we’re hoping you are, too.
Our business was born to create a fairer betting marketplace. Today, we’re the worlds biggest online betting exchange, one of the top 75 most valuable brands in the uk, and part of Flutter, one of Time100’s most influential companies.
Joining us means believing that we do our best work together. It means fighting what’s unfair. And it means aiming high and having fun while we do it.
So, if you’re ready to play too, this looks a lot like your next big career move. Plus, Betfair is part of the Flutter UK & Ireland family – a collection of big-hitting entertainment brands such as PaddyPower, Sky Betting & Gaming and Tombola.
All our live jobs champion hybrid working, offering a flexible blend of home and office working with full autonomy to decide how many times you travel into the office each quarter.
Looking for a remote role? We’re open to discussing remote working for all our live jobs.
What’s on offer
o £1,000 learning fund
o Twice-yearly bonus (with part of it guaranteed!)
o Unlimited Holiday
o Pension contribution scheme
o Private healthcare
o Flexible ways of working – home or office, it’s your choice!
o Access to thousands of Udemy courses
o Invest via the Company Sharesave Scheme
o 16 hours paid volunteering time per year
We’re working to be an inclusive employer, and we encourage people from all backgrounds, ways of thinking and working to apply. Everyone brings different perspectives and experiences; you don't have to meet all the requirements listed to apply for this role.
If you need any adjustments to make this role work for you let us know, and we’ll see how we can accommodate them.
Feel like this is the role for you? Click apply now!