This role will be looking after our GB SW District which consists of shops across the South West of the UK.
Paddy Power Betfair is an international sports betting and gaming operator, with a market-leading presence in the UK and Ireland, as well as a range of online and retail operations across Europe including Romania, Portugal and Malta.
As the District Manager for PaddyPower Retail, you will lead a team to exceed the targets of a multi-million pound turnover business across multiple sites. Inspire motivate and train your people to be the best they can be and deliver the Paddy Power vision of being the most fun, fair and best value bookmaker on the planet.
Additional responsibilities will include:
• Deliver the annual budget through close management and a focus on market growth.
• Know and understand the District's (and each individual shop within it) financial reports in detail. Immediately identify any changes in business and take action as a result.
• Pro-actively monitor competitor activity and ensure that the business as a whole is fast to respond.
• Use the knowledge of shop teams to help maintain awareness of issues within the market place.
• Take responsibility for positively managing the implementation of change and the introduction of initiatives within the area.
Driving the Business
• Regularly review where opportunities exist to grow market share.
• Make your time in shops count and be able to demonstrate what impact your presence in retail had on the business in any given week.
• Ensure that any customer affecting issues are dealt with immediately and have the ability to cut through obstacles that prevent this.
• Identify, plan and execute local initiatives for market growth.
• By your visible presence in shops ensure that in every marketplace where we operate the customer service offering is noticeably better than all of our competitors.
• Ensure that shop teams are delivering the brand offer to customers
• Be perfectly ‘tuned in' to what customers are saying and what motivates them - act as a conduit for customer feedback for the Senior Management Team.
• Review district large staking customers on regular basis, focusing on service standards and trading arrangements.
• Lead, drive, energise and motivate teams to deliver the business.
• Ensure that in every marketplace where we operate we have the best people working in our shops.
• Ensure that we recruit for ‘the next role' & develop people to be their best.
• Lead and drive shop stability, driving down reliance on relief staff and creating a strong sense of team in each shop.
• Act as a conduit for staff feedback within your District ensuring that Senior Managers and Head Office personnel have a full understanding of what is happening “on the ground.”
• Spot talent and drive an internal development pipeline which produces the Managers of the future.
• Ensure clear performance management processes are in place, responding to both good and poor performance with specific actions plans.
• Deal with people issues and problems in a timely fashion and where necessary use the company's disciplinary and grievance procedure.
• Promote social responsibility issues within district
• Ensure that Health & Safety is adhered to and audits are completed as required.
• Follow up promptly to Loss Prevention and Risk Audits.
• Ensure that shops are adhering to the correct policies
• Cease every opportunity to drive down costs whilst maintaining the highest possible standards on the high street.
• Actively review all controllable costs within the District and take full responsibility for the cost element of your P&L.
• Review rotas and trading patterns to ensure we offer the best possible levels of customer service whilst achieving budgets.
- Experience of managing multi-site retail units
- Experience leading large teams
- Strong commercial acumen
- Full clean driving licence
- Industry experience is desirable but not essential
What You'll Get in Return?
Our passion has helped us take the betting industry by storm. So we think it's only fair that you enjoy excellent rewards.
- Bonus scheme
- Car allowance
- Uncapped Holiday Allowance (yes, you heard right)
- Health and well-being with free classes (yoga, bootcamp, swimming etc.)
- Ministry of Fun who organise cool events throughout the year, like Bingo Loco
- Pizza & Drinks Fridays
- Share Save Scheme (20% discount)
Plus many more…