The Quants team is a core function within UK & Ireland Core Trading and aligns itself with the goals of the department using statistical analysis to develop sophisticated predictive models in areas such as sports modelling, risk management and automated trading strategies.
The team use mathematics, classical statistics, and machine learning methods to provide automated solutions to scale and improve trading and risk management practices. This enables traders, risk managers and analysts to provide cutting edge products to customers and ensure that Flutter brands remain market leading.
Key Accountabilities and Responsibilities
- Participate in the development of new and existing predictive models to generate accurate pricing and effective risk management decisions.
- Display a proficiency in quantitative analysis techniques and provide insightful viewpoints on a broad range of problems across the group.
- Implement real world applications of statistical models developed. Support from inception, development, delivery, and performance monitoring.
- Work both independently of, and collaboratively with, stakeholders in areas such as Trading, Technology, Commercial and Data Engineering to solve a broad range of technical problems across the Flutter group.
- Learn and develop new technical skills as required to contribute to team growth and share knowledge with the wider Flutter group.
Skills, Capabilities & Experience Required
- Third level or postgraduate qualification in a quantitative or analytic discipline such as Mathematics, Statistics, Engineering, Computer Science, Physics, Actuarial Science, etc. High achievements in Mathematics/Statistics a distinct advantage.
- Excellent understanding of predictive modelling techniques including simulation and analytic based methods.
- Probabilistic thinker with a highly developed numeracy & technical skillset which facilitates high-quality, efficient & comprehensive analysis.
- Ability to query, cleanse, manipulate and analyse large structured (e.g. SQL databases) and unstructured datasets.
- Proficient programming skills and understanding of statistical tools and software packages (e.g. Python, R, C#, Kotlin, Julia, Excel)
- Experience with cloud-based platforms and tooling such as AWS an advantage.
About Flutter UK & Ireland
Our division operates four of the most popular and trusted brands in the market: Sky Betting and Gaming, tombola, Betfair and Paddy Power.
Together the Flutter UK&I brands offer market leading entertainment to millions of customers every single week! Over the last couple of decades, they have all ridden the wave of digital betting with industry firsts like ‘cash-out’, ‘Request a Bet’, betting exchanges and free to play games like Soccer Saturday Super 6.
Do you want to work somewhere extraordinary? From the people you spend your days with, to the ground-breaking projects, no two days will be the same. With a philosophy of ‘Together We Are More’ our 7,000+ colleagues come together to form an expert community across technology, product, commercial, data, infrastructure, marketing, and a myriad of subject areas.
We listen without judgement, encourage & support, and help build others up. Working at Flutter UK&I means you can be yourself, work how and where suits you best -and let your personality shine!
Introducing the team
Quants are an integral part of Core Trading within Flutter UK & Ireland and provide both qualitative and quantitative expertise in the areas of sports trading, analytics, and risk management. As a department we take calculated risks associated with the outcome of sporting events and the betting behaviours of customers. We manage this risk effectively to maintain healthy profit margins and deliver industry leading customer experience with safer gambling at the heart of what we do. This is achieved by constantly evolving the development of predictive quantitative models coupled with the expertise from our in-house traders and analysts.
We’re working to be an inclusive employer, and we encourage people from all backgrounds, ways of thinking and working to apply. Everyone brings different perspectives and experiences; you don't have to meet all the requirements listed to apply for this role.
If you need any adjustments to make this role work for you let us know, and we’ll see how we can accommodate them.