Who you’ll work with
- The bingo squad is responsible for Sky Bingo and Sky Poker products.
- We work hard to plan, design and deliver multiple concurrent initiatives and strive to give our customers the best experience and offer unique features to differentiate ourselves in the marketplace.
- We see large volumes of traffic with our customers coming on site to play bingo and slot games and take part in our amazing promotional campaigns. You’ll work closely with engineers at all levels, as well as testers, business analysts, product owners and delivery lead to ensure we are delivering high quality solutions to business challenges and requirements.
- Now is an exciting time to join the bingo team as we embark on our migration to the Next platform, updating and upgrading our systems and integrations as we go.
Your role in ‘better’
- Turn concepts and requirements into highly available web applications and systems using industry standard languages and technologies such as Typescript, React, React Native, GraphQL, Docker, Prometheus, AWS, and Terraform.
- Actively participate in, and in some cases lead on, application design, data flows and detailed technical design. Ensure that analysis includes the wider view of technical and business impact.
- Take ownership for code quality, security and scalability and have an equal grasp of the overall system you are working on and how it meets the needs of the end users, and business objectives.
- Understand where requirements can be achieved by using and extending inner-source shared components
- Design new components in such a way that they can be shared horizontally across the other engineering functions.
How you’ll create ‘better’
Your front-end engineering skills mean you have a passion for good visual design and well thought out customer experience.
You have strong knowledge of front-end technologies as we develop rich and responsive cross platform applications, that are performant and stable.
You are passionate about engineering quality, and have a good understanding of application performance, device performance, caching, browser support and unit testing to ensure we deliver a high-quality user experience.
You understand types of multivariant testing practices and can contribute to experimentation strategies and implementations for our fast-paced front end.
Working with this tech stack
- Typescript, React, React Native, Next.JS and GraphQL for our services
- Docker to containerise them
- GitHub Actions, Bitrise & Jenkins to build them
- AWS to host them
- New Relic, Grafana and Prometheus to monitor them
About Sky Betting & Gaming
And at Sky Betting & Gaming, better is just the beginning. When you work here, you’ll be able to create the next big thing in a fast- paced, exciting industry.
Our story began in 1999 and we’ve since grown to house a family of iconic brands including Sky Bet - the UK’s no.1 betting app, Sky Vegas - the UK’s no.1 online casino, as well as Sky Bingo, Sky Casino and Sky Poker.
We want to empower you to create a career you’re proud of, to feel like you belong, and provide you with everything you ned to do your job.
Plus, Sky Betting & Gaming is part of the Flutter UK & Ireland family — a collection of big-hitting entertainment brands such as Paddy Power, Betfair and Tombola.
All our live jobs champion hybrid working, offering a flexible blend of home and office working with full autonomy to decide how many times you travel into the office each quarter. Looking for a remote role? We’re open to discussing remote working for all our live jobs.
Helping you live your life better
- £1,000 learning fund each year
- 32 hours paid volunteering time per year
- Free SkyQ Ultra HD premium TV package worth £1,200
- Twice-yearly bonus (with part of it guaranteed!)
- Pension contribution scheme
- Private healthcare
- Flexible ways of working – home or office, it’s your choice!
- Access to thousands of Udemy courses
- Invest via the Company Sharesave Scheme
We’re working to be an inclusive employer, and we encourage people from all backgrounds, ways of thinking and working to apply. Everyone brings different perspectives and experiences; you don't have to meet all the requirements listed to apply for this role.
If you need any adjustments to make this role work for you let us know, and we’ll see how we can accommodate them.