Job Title: Utilities Executive
Reporting Line: This role reports to Head of Property.
Job Location/Office: Hammersmith / Dublin / Field Based
With an estate of over 600 shops throughout UK & Ireland this is a newly created role for a Utilities Executive to work within the Retail Property Team to provide Utilities Management support to the Paddy Power retail business. The Utilities Executive will require a flexible approach to the role and be able to work under their own initiative. The candidate can be based anywhere in the UK or Ireland as the role offers Hybrid working with occasional site visits.
This is what you’ll be doing:
- Utilities Procurement, including management of external Energy and Water Procurement consultants
- Account relationship management with Energy, Water, Gas and Waste suppliers
- Develop and Maintain an accurate database of accounts for Energy, Water, Gas & Waste and associated MPAN’s & SPIDS for Paddy Power occupied and sublet premises.
- Monitor and audit Energy, Water, Gas and Waste usage across the retail estate in UK & Ireland.
- Prepare Monthly, Quarterly and other periodic reports summarising Energy, Water and Waste usage and set targets for Energy, Water and Waste reduction.
- Identify abnormal consumption levels, investigate to identify cause and implement suitable corrective action to resolve.
- Advise on utilities for refurbishment projects, liaise with internal stakeholders and process associated COT’s to set up and register new supplies upon acquisition or disposal of premises.
- Co-ordinate meter exchanges and appointments across our estate via 3rd party Suppliers, Facilities Management colleagues and Retail staff.
- Manage billing notifications received directly from shops and process via our Energy Consultants or Supplier. Take ownership and manage urgent payments, liaising with internal stakeholders for account validation and payment.
- Identify opportunities, and prepare business cases for investment in energy saving and carbon footprint reduction initiatives
- Keep up to date with changes in Utilities regulation and Legislation and industry standard best practice
- Ensure compliance with EPBD, ESOS & SECR, and other energy/carbon related legal and regulatory requirement
- Support the delivery of our Positive Impact Plan and Net Zero strategy
Education, Qualifications & Experience
- Degree or Diploma in relevant discipline such as Energy Management or Building Services within the Retail sector would be desirable but not essential.
- Sound understanding and knowledge of the Energy procurement market
- Proven track record in Utilities Management & Procurement with demonstrable knowledge and application of energy, water and waste management skills
- Excellent knowledge of Building Services and supply infrastructure with a good working knowledge of utility metering, incoming supply types, earthing, metering, isolators and distribution boards etc.
- Knowledge of Energy legislation, including EPBD, ESOS SECR
- Good working knowledge of Microsoft office packages
- Project Management experience preferred but not essential
- Good working knowledge of Microsoft Office packages with mid-advanced level Excel.
- The role will require periodic travel across UK & Ireland
- It is essential that the individual has good communication skills and can work with individuals at all levels and the ability to work independently. Candidates must have a willingness to learn new skills, take on new challenges and have a can-do attitude.