This is a role in the field support, networks and AV team and is part of the technology team that supports the Paddy Power retail estate across the UK and Ireland. It is a team of 8 eight with four field-based engineers, two in the UK and two in Ireland along with four Dublin office-based team members. As a team we support the physical technology hardware through our 3rd party vendors across 600 shops.
This is a new role in the team due to increased remit and responsibilities to align all field operations and technology hardware support under a single team. The successful candidate will be responsible for delivering on strategic business projects along with day-to-day support activities.
What you’ll do
- Planning and organising new and ongoing projects.
- Create actions and plans of work regarding shop technology elements to deliver on stakeholder requirements.
- Use online tools Jira / Confluence to document these actions and plans acting as a single source of truth about progress and ownership.
- Working with Senior manager to build out technology roadmaps to ensure we maintain an up to date estate
- Create presentations and reports to explain plans, progress, issues, successes, requirements and recommendations.
How you’ll do it
- Must be highly experienced in planning and organising technology rollout and maintenance projects.
- Experience in vendor management across a distributed retail estate
- Understanding of AV, EPoS and network technologies
- Strategic thinker with ability to blend technical, operational, and commercial considerations into decision making.
- Strong organisational skills, attention to detail and ability to maintain high standards.
Work that makes play jealous
Paddy Power has been breaking and re-writing the rules since 1988, from on-track bookmakers to cheeky upstart mischief-makers, to part of the largest betting and gaming technology company in the world.
Although we’ve grown to the betting behemoth we are today, we’ve not forgotten our roots. We continue to offer great value and entertainment to our customers and keep them at the heart of what we do.
Our culture of hard work, boldness and an innovative spirit got us to where we are and we take our work seriously, but not ourselves! We win by having the best people working well together. Don’t pigeon-hole us either – our company is a mix of sports nuts, gaming innovators, tech geniuses, perceptive people-people, inspiring leaders… and a very busy legal team.
We’ve got a growing squad of specialists, and we make the work fun. Sound good? Maybe there’s a spot on the team for you!
Plus, PaddyPower is part of the Flutter UK & Ireland family – a collection of big-hitting entertainment brands such as Betfair, Sky Betting & Gaming and Tombola.
What we’ll offer you
- £1,000 learning fund
- Unlimited holiday
- Twice-yearly bonus (with part of it guaranteed!)
- Pension contribution scheme
- Private healthcare
- Flexible ways of working – home or office, it’s your choice!
- Access to thousands of Udemy courses
- Invest via the Company Sharesave Scheme
- 16 hours paid volunteering time per year
We’re working to be an inclusive employer, and we encourage people from all backgrounds, ways of thinking and working to apply. Everyone brings different perspectives and experiences; you don't have to meet all the requirements listed to apply for this role.
If you need any adjustments to make this role work for you let us know, and we’ll see how we can accommodate them.