In-Play Football Manager
As an In-Play Football Team Manager, you will lead a growing team responsible for everything that unfolds between kick-off and settlement. You’ll be instrumental in shaping the live Football trading landscape for betting giants like Paddy Power, Betfair, Fanduel, and Sisal.
Reporting to the Head of In-Play Football, you will spearhead our trading strategy through a team of traders, ensuring efficiency and long-term success.
- Strategic Leadership: Define and implement the trading strategy, guiding your team to long-term success in live Football trading.
- Transformation: Play a key role in the migration of Sky Bet to the Flutter Trading Platform via building and developing relationships with colleagues across the business.
- Team Empowerment: Foster excellence by empowering traders through personalized development plans, mentoring & frequent one-to-ones.
- Performance Optimization: Elevate team performance by identifying opportunities to refine processes and introducing innovative strategies.
- Product Performance Analysis: Dive into Football product performance, uncovering avenues to enhance trading and enrich the customer experience.
- Collaboration and Leadership: Work collaboratively with the Football Leadership team and engage with Technology & Brand teams to deliver a world-leading product.
- Project Ownership: Take charge of various Football-oriented projects, contributing significantly to the growth and development of the team & the Football proposition.
Desired Skills & Characteristics:
- ️ Exceptional Communication: Convey ideas clearly, fostering effective collaboration among team members, managers, and stakeholders.
- Attention to Detail: Your keen eye for detail impacts team performance, pricing optimization, and customer satisfaction.
- Problem-Solving: Being passionate about finding creative solutions to problems; both in the heat of the action during a big match, or through retrospective analysis.
- Composure under Pressure: Thrive in a fast paced situations, orchestrating swift solutions when needed most.
- Training & Development: Find satisfaction in helping others grow, with experience and passion for mentorship and skill development.
- A Passion for Data: Strong SQL or Excel skills and an interest in learning other analytics tools is desired.
- This role is based out of our office in Clonskeagh, Dublin 4, and opportunities for hybrid work are available, two days in office per week
- In-Play Football is a 24/7 operation, though in Dublin we cover all games between 6am and 11pm. You’ll work 5 days out of any given 7, with an emphasis on being around for the biggest events; so some evening & weekend and evening work is expected.
About Flutter UK & Ireland
Our division operates four of the most popular and trusted brands in the market: Sky Betting and Gaming, tombola, Betfair and Paddy Power.
Together the Flutter UK&I brands offer market leading entertainment to millions of customers every single week! Over the last couple of decades, they have all ridden the wave of digital betting with industry firsts like ‘cash-out’, ‘Request a Bet’, betting exchanges and free to play games like Soccer Saturday Super 6.
Do you want to work somewhere outstanding? From the people you spend your days with, to the ground-breaking projects, no two days will be the same.
With a philosophy of ‘Together We Are More’ our 7,000+ colleagues come together to form an expert community across technology, product, commercial, data, infrastructure, marketing, and a myriad of subject areas.
We listen without judgement, encourage & support, and help build others up. Working at Flutter UK&I means you can be yourself, work how and where suits you best -and let your personality shine!
We’re working to be an inclusive employer, and we encourage people from all backgrounds, ways of thinking and working to apply. Everyone brings different perspectives and experiences; you don't have to meet all the requirements listed to apply for this role.
If you need any adjustments to make this role work for you let us know, and we’ll see how we can accommodate them.