As an In-Play Football Team Lead, you will step into a dynamic role responsible for everything that unfolds between kick-off and settlement. You’ll be instrumental in shaping the live Football trading landscape for betting giants like Paddy Power, Betfair, Fanduel, and Sisal. Reporting to the In-Play Football Manager, you will spearhead our trading strategy through a team of traders, ensuring efficiency and long-term success.
Key Accountabilities and responsibilities
What You'll Be Working On:
- Nurturing and empowering traders through regular one-on-one interactions, goal setting, and personalized development plans.
- Elevating team performance and efficiency by identifying opportunities to revamp existing processes and pioneer new ones.
- Keeping a keen eye on daily performance, ensuring the team is always updated on current issues and opportunities.
- Conducting performance analysis of the Football product, unearthing chances to improve trading performance while enhancing the overall customer experience.
- Collaborating as part of the Football leadership team to establish & achieve team KPIs
- Collaborating with diverse stakeholders, including Technology teams, Quants & Analytics, Trading Risk, CXO, Fraud and Integrity to optimize daily operations.
- Taking ownership of various Football-oriented projects and driving their success, contributing to the growth and development of the entire Football team.
Skills, Capabilities & Experience Required
- Exceptional Communication: You effortlessly convey your ideas to team members, managers, and stakeholders through various channels, including email, Zoom, and face-to-face interactions.
- Attention to Detail: Your keen eye for detail ensures nothing escapes your scrutiny, making a significant impact on our team's performance, margin optimization, and customer satisfaction.
- Open Curiosity: You’ll have an inquisitive nature, relentlessly pursuing answers to even the smallest questions that can lead to game-changing insights.
- Problem-Solving: Challenges excite you, and you relish finding innovative solutions. When faced with a problem, you persistently dig until you unearth the answer.
- Cool under Pressure: You thrive in high-pressure situations, maintaining your composure and orchestrating swift solutions when needed most.
- Training & Development: You derive satisfaction from helping others grow and advance their careers. You’ll have experience in and passion for mentorship and skill development.
- Motivated & Driven: Your motivation and drive are contagious. You eagerly volunteer for new tasks and challenges, always one step ahead.
- Growth Mindset: You possess an unwavering commitment to learning and continually enhancing your skills.
About Flutter UK & Ireland
Our division operates four of the most popular and trusted brands in the market: Sky Betting and Gaming, tombola, Betfair and Paddy Power.
Together the Flutter UK&I brands offer market leading entertainment to millions of customers every single week! Over the last couple of decades, they have all ridden the wave of digital betting with industry firsts like ‘cash-out’, ‘Request a Bet’, betting exchanges and free to play games like Soccer Saturday Super 6.
Do you want to work somewhere extraordinary? From the people you spend your days with, to the ground-breaking projects, no two days will be the same.
With a philosophy of ‘Together We Are More’ our 7,000+ colleagues come together to form an expert community across technology, product, commercial, data, infrastructure, marketing, and a myriad of subject areas.
We listen without judgement, encourage & support, and help build others up. Working at Flutter UK&I means you can be yourself, work how and where suits you best -and let your personality shine!
Introducing the team
⏰ In-Play Football is a 24/7 operation, though in Dublin we cover all games between 6am and 11pm. You’ll work 5 days out of any given 7, with an emphasis on being around for the biggest events; some evening & weekend and evening work is expected.
We’re working to be an inclusive employer, and we encourage people from all backgrounds, ways of thinking and working to apply. Everyone brings different perspectives and experiences; you don't have to meet all the requirements listed to apply for this role.
If you need any adjustments to make this role work for you let us know, and we’ll see how we can accommodate them.